Thursday, November 1, 2007

Two days, eight members!


We're off to a great start! As we add members to the Street Team, and authors to the blog, let's start posting some of our work so we can get to know each other. We're all from Nova Scotia, for the moment, but I look forward to welcoming some of the folks from other Maritime provinces.

I'll kick things off with one of my most recent collages, an ACEO sized work entitled Dance Caprice, which features a little reproduction of a bird layered over modern and antique paper, text and acrylic paint. (The acronym ACEO, for those unfamiliar with the term, stands for "Art Cards, Editions and Originals". They are miniature works of art the size of a trading or playing card, in any medium. People collect them and trade them. They originally started as ATCs or Art Trading Cards, only exchanged between artists, never sold.

1 comment:

ScotiaMade said...

Thanks for the acronym explanation - I knew they were art cards but I didn't knwo the rest.

I'll post a bit about me later - thanks for the invite!