Saturday, January 12, 2008

Love, Me Boutique

Slightly off topic from Etsy, but if it weren't for etsy, I would never have found this store. I had purchased this pretty little pouch at the Halifax Farmer's Market from LouLouBell, who happens to have an etsy shop. While checking out her wares online, I noticed that she sells her stuff at Love, Me Boutique in Halifax - a store I hadn't heard of before (I really need to get out more. Or at least get my newspaper subscription back).

http://lovemeboutique.wordpress.com/

Love, Me is on Birmingham Street, tucked in next to Woozles books. It's a fantastic store that sells only handmade items and everything is Canadian, including works by local artists/artisans. If you're in the area, you really should check it out.

Finding out about the store was total serendipity: after having the pouch (a gift) sit around most of Christmas, I only checked out louloubell.ca yesterday, and then googled Love, Me. When I got home, I picked up a copy of the Community Herald from the lobby because I was interested in a book by a NSCAD student. As I walked up the stairs, I realised that one of the articles was about Love Me! So I had to check it out on my way to the Market this morning. I was not disappointed. It is full of really pretty items and I look forward to spending some money there (when I have money to spend). It's nice to see a store supporting handmade goods (and the downtown community).

7 comments:

ScotiaMade said...

My cards will be selling in there later this week - I dropped in and met the owner Chara and what a great place! The shop is beautiful!

hello pineapples said...

She's quite lovely, as is the store. She's done a fantastic job on it. I also love her silkscreen work - I have a purse I bought from her years ago when she had a table at the market.

She said I should drop by with some of my monkeys and see how they do - which is very exciting! I'm going to try and get a bunch done for next weekend (so long as I can fit them in with my thesis work).

Ashton's Art said...

I can't believe I never heard of this place before! I'm totally going to drop in A.S.A.P!

bookyeti said...

I can't wait to visit Chara and her lovely looking store, on Saturday. I don't get into the city very often, so it'll be a real treat. My journals will be selling there soon. I'll look for your cards, Scotiamade! :)

aliceinparis said...

I am visiting her next week! Yay.

Sea Glass Designs said...

Chara is a great promoter of etsy! Her boutique is beautiful, and very unique. We have some jewelry and sea glass art with her. Spread the word about Love, Me!

Anonymous said...

She carries also deux fm, a local designer that offers luxuriously classic well made sustainable and fashionable clothes. All made with eco friendly fabrics, fairly made in Canada.