Thursday, April 17, 2008

More new members! Welcome Wilburforce, Luv Have, BranchDesigns, orangecrushed, junquetrunque and Jane Rovers!


Welcome Wilburforce of Halifax! "Named after an extra special animal, who has hand tested some of my pet related items, the Wilbur store embodies a love of texture and color manipulated through various fiber media as well as works on paper. You’ll find one of a kind felted bowls, jeweled toned crocheted neck-laces, felted bracelets, bird shaped cats toys, as well as works in watercolor and photography."

Luv2Have, of PEI, is a member of the Creative Glass Guild of Etsy, and does amazing work in fused glass. She says "Making jewelry is my passion. I have tried just about every technique out there, but my favorite at the moment is fused glass."


Branch Designs, from northern NB, specializes in "pots, jewellery and bags with character". There's a wonderful example pictured above! In her profile she says of herself, "My name is Sarah Branch. I'm happily living back in my hometown with my husband, little daughter and crazy (seriously) cat named toad." She's a recent grad from the NB College of Craft and Design.

Another cat lover joining the Team is Haligonian DM Laughlin, who runs two Etsy stores: orangecrushed (for folk art and other art) and junquetrunque (for antique paper destash). She says of herself, "Hello and welcome to my world of whimsy. I represent several artists and carvers. Me? I am a dabbler. As I collect post cards, vintage paper and ephemera, when the piles start growing..I start cutting! I am also a mom and fulltime scientist. Yes, I can multitask too."


And, finally, we welcome Jane Rovers, photographer, who says of herself, "My artwork is primarily photography based. I enjoy hiking, camping,traveling and exploring new places. I take my camera everywhere I go. All of my pieces are original and unique. I have created each piece from my own original photographs. The photographs are digitally altered and transferred onto a surface. Each piece varies from the next in texture and appearance."

Please welcome our new members -- I've started a new thread in Teams and Events in the Etsy Forums. You can find it at http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5571505

3 comments:

lapaperie&cozy said...

Beautiful work! Welcome! :)

marian said...

Thank you for the warm welcome all...now I have a list of my fave Maritime artists in one addy!

Ashton's Art said...

welcome everyone!