Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Open House?

Has anyone successfully organized an open house at their own place of residence? I'm thinking that fall would be a great time to try this with the Christmas shopping season starting up. I did one a couple of weeks ago while I was home visiting my parents and made over $600 which was pretty good for me since I don't have any items priced over $10. I had everything set up at my mom's office for a couple of hours and it was pretty busy.

The second question would be are any of you interested in taking part in this sort of thing? Especially if you're in the Saint John area. I'm willing to offer up my condo as a selling location. I was thinking light refreshments and then different areas for each vendor. Of course I only have about 700 square feet but I think it would make a nice, intimate setting.

5 comments:

Ashton's Art said...

I live in an apartment building so I don't know if this would really be feasable to do this where I live... have any suggestions? I'd love to do something like an open house though! You won't have to pay those ridiculous over the top craft show or art show fees.

I know you don't like in Halifax, but I think we should do one in Halifax! There are a lot of us here and I think it would be awesome!

Kantor said...

I suggest to try as well StreetView on the website of Fizber to explore city neighborhoods. It feels as if you're walking down the street!

Cerra said...

Doing one in Halifax would be good! I also live in an apartment, though.

Nadine said...

Space would be a concern for me too. It's a two bedroom condo, but the living room/dining room are combined so I think you could comfortably fit 3-4 vendors in. The intimate setting appeals to me and you could invite who you want. I think it would appeal to the shoppers as well as if you have sellers who specialize in different products it would be an awesome setting to stock up on gift items and things for yourself. You could serve refreshments, maybe have tickets on a basket of items that are donated by the vendors participating... I think it would be a fun afternoon for sure.

Rosa L. said...

i just tried StreetView on the website of Fizber, it is absolutely great!!