Friday, May 16, 2008

Please welcome new members!

Some wonderful new members join APST today.

First up is Bella McBride of New Brunswick. This very talented crocheter says, "Hello and Welcome to Bella McBride Designs where I try to add a touch of whimsy to everyday life. My goal is to use simple crochet techniques, so anybody can follow my patterns, but use colours and layers to achieve that special look. I hope you enjoy looking around and come back any time!" Bella shares her patterns in her Etsy store, as well as finished items, like the felted hat and bag pictured above.

Shawn of Island Sweet joins up from Corner Brook, Newfoundland. "i am a visual artist living and working on the west coast of newfoundland, canada. with over 30 years experience as a painter, i now take my passion for colour and design into many forms of craft including rug hooking, painting on wooden objects, sewing and knitting." That's clear from her delicious knit work, including her six foot long "Pink Petal Scarf", pictured above!

Celtic Crossing is from Nova Scotia (those are her lovely jade wirewrapped earrings, above). She is a jewellery maker and a Reiki master! "I am also a Reiki Master, and so with each piece of jewelry I make it is infused with positive energy before it leaves my hands and is sent onto you!" Welcome to APST, where we welcome all the positive energy we can get :)

And last, but not least is Sonia of VervainDesigns from Halifax, Nova Scotia. The beautiful painting, above, is titled "Cast me gently into morning". As she says in her profile, "Vervain Designs consists of what ever my sister and I are feeling in the mood for. We paint, we sew, we create. Please stop by from time to time to see what we have going on."

Please take a second and welcome these talented Maritimers to our group!

5 comments:

Arien said...

Thank you ever so kindly for your warm welcome! Us Maritimers need to stick together! And of course I'll send out all the positive vibes I can for everyone!! Cheers, AJ

The Dangerous Mezzo said...

It's great to have you with us, AJ!

island sweet said...

thanks for introducing me to the group. lovely to get to know some local etsians!

VervainDesigsn said...

Thank you for the warm welcome. It is absolutely wonderful to have found you all. I look forward to seeing all of your work and sharing inspiration. Sonia

Bella McBride said...

I'm so happy to be part of this group of talented Atlantic Canadians! Let's show the rest of Canada and the world how wonderful we are! Thanks for including me!
Bella McBride